PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER
Osmia is a growing natural skin care company. We are proud to produce top quality, beautiful products with extraordinary, consciously-sourced ingredients that really work. We are passionate about wellness and about building a strong team in our hometown of Carbondale, Colorado.
We are looking for a Production Team Member to help with the duties surrounding product manufacturing. We need someone dependable, efficient, very detail-oriented and neat, with a strong work ethic, an eye for quality, and perhaps a sense of artistry. This is a unique opportunity for someone who seeks to become an expert in a craft.
We will provide training for the right person. Experience in a field with transferable skills, such as bakery, other quality food or cosmetics production is helpful.
- Measuring raw materials correctly, both very small and very large amounts of different kinds of substances
- Heating, mixing, blending, and filling high-quality ingredients efficiently while minimizing waste
- Labeling products, ingredients, and other materials precisely and recording production activities in logs, correctly calculating dates
- Organizing for the next day's tasks, preparing work areas for efficient production, general cleaning and maintenance
- Assisting with inventory, restocking, and materials storage, helping receive raw materials and cataloging them properly
- Following standard processes for different production activities, learning the purpose of products we make, understanding and following formulas and recipes
- Implement safety measures and communicate any problems with the team in a positive manner, contribute good ideas to make our workplace and systems even better
- Communicating with the team using Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Docs and following data entry procedures on a computer in (training provided)
- Team player and positive, clear communicator in person and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and complete daily tasks in a timely manner
- Extreme attention to detail, and an ability to learn on the fly and adapt to changing processes
- Legible handwriting, strong organizational skills, good spatial awareness
- Math skills for measuring, conversions, production planning
- Familiarity with Gmail and Google Docs
- Positive attitude with an intention to contribute to the business and help your coworkers
- Comfort with physical aspects of the job - our work can be challenging
Note regarding physical demands:
To perform the essential functions of this job successfully, team members are regularly required to stand, reach, handle small objects, sit, walk, kneel, or crouch. Team members must be able to stand, bend, and reach for up to ten hours on some days. Employees regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, sometimes lift and/or move 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more weight with another team member. Safety masks must be worn during any activities that generate dust or fumes and ventilation must be on. Ear protection may be worn during loud activities. Employees are required to follow safety measures while performing daily work and learn new safety procedures as our equipment and work space evolve. All Osmia employees are currently wearing masks when working in shared spaces as recommended by the local health department.
One last note: Our workplace must be free of all synthetic fragrances, from laundry detergent to perfume to hair care, as well as any tobacco smoke residue.
Hours are 40 hours a week plus some occasional overtime in this position. Benefits after a three-month onboarding period include a 75% contribution to monthly premiums for health insurance, annual wellness stipend, and paid time off plus over ten company holidays annually.
We are a small company, but we work hard and we love what we do. Come join our team, grow our business with us, and make the world a healthier, better smelling place in the meantime!
If you're interested, please submit a resume AND a cover letter telling us why you're interested in the job and how you would contribute to our team, and the role healthy living plays in your life. We only review applications with cover letters. We won’t be able to respond to all applications individually, but we will contact you for an interview if your submission seems like a good fit.
Job Location: Carbondale, CO 81623
Job Type: Full-time, in-house. Local applicants only. This is not a remote work opportunity.
Pay: Dependent on experience
Required language: English required, Spanish a bonus
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, attn: Mary
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law. Osmia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.