CUSTOMER SERVICE OPERATIONS MANAGER
Osmia is a growing natural skin care company. We are proud to craft top quality, beautiful products with extraordinary, consciously-sourced ingredients that really work. We are passionate about wellness and about building a strong team in our hometown of Carbondale, Colorado.
We are looking for a Customer Service Operations Manager to support and lead our Customer Service team. We need someone dependable, efficient, both detail-oriented and able to see the big picture, with a strong work ethic, outstanding communication habits and exceptional people skills.
We will provide training for the right person – shipping operations experience is not required, but the candidate must have experience in a field with transferable skills AND previous experience leading a team.
- Managing the flow of customer orders to process shipments correctly and efficiently, both physically with our team and virtually through our order management software platform
- Team scheduling, regular communication, and training
- New team member onboarding and training
- Coordinating resources as needed for team workspace maintenance and improvements
- Physical and virtual inventory management
- Organizing final production steps and movement of products through to the shipping phase
- Optimizing shipping strategy and communicating with carriers
- Managing customer contacts in collaboration with team members, answering customer questions, coordinating pickups, exchanges and returns, complaint resolution, and sharing success stories
- Coordinating with and supporting our Wholesale Manager
- Contributing to overall business strategy and annual planning
- Problem solving skills - we need discerning, proactive thinkers to help come up with and implement solutions when needed to support our business goals in an evolving environment
- Clear, positive, high-quality communication skills
- Attention to detail, strong observation skills, ability to exercise foresight and judgment in decision-making
- Strong organizational skills to apply to physical space, work assignments, and capacity planning
- Experience in data analysis, comfort with databases and software systems
- Positive attitude with an intention to help make Osmia an awesome place to work and see all departments succeed
- Fluent in English
- Legal US residency
Note regarding physical demands:
To perform the essential functions of this job successfully, team members are regularly required to stand, reach, handle small objects, sit, walk, kneel, or crouch. Team members must be able to stand and bend for up to ten hours on some days. Employees regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more weight with another team member. Safety masks must be worn during any activities that generate dust or fumes and ventilation must be on. Employees are required to follow safety measures while performing daily work and learn new safety procedures as our equipment and work space evolve. All Osmia employees are currently wearing masks when working in shared spaces as recommended by the local health department.
One last note: Our workplace must be free of all synthetic fragrances, from laundry detergent to perfume to hair care, as well as any tobacco smoke residue.
Hours are Monday-Friday, 40 hours a week plus some nights and weekends in this position. Benefits include a 75% contribution to monthly premiums for health insurance, annual wellness stipend, and paid time off.
We are a small company, but we work hard and we love what we do. Come grow our business with us, and make the world a healthier, better smelling place in the meantime!
If you're interested, please submit a resume AND a cover letter telling us why you're interested in the job and how you contribute to healthy living! (If you don't submit a cover letter, we won't review the application.) We won’t be able to respond to all applications individually, but we will contact you for an interview if it seems like a good fit.
Job Location: Carbondale, CO 81623
Job Type: Full-time, in-house. Local applicants only.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Required language: English required, Spanish a bonus
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, attn: Mary