CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM MEMBER
Osmia is a growing natural skin care company. We are proud to craft top quality, beautiful products with extraordinary, consciously-sourced ingredients that really work. We are passionate about wellness and about building a strong team in our hometown of Carbondale, Colorado. We are grateful for a loyal group of local customers, and we receive many orders via our website to ship out.
We are looking for a Customer Service Team Member to help us prepare products for sale, fulfill customer orders, and generally support our goal of providing excellent customer service. We need someone dependable, efficient, both detail-oriented and able to see the big picture, with a strong work ethic, outstanding communication habits and exceptional people skills.
We will provide training for the right person. Shipping operations experience is not required, but an understanding of great customer service is essential, as is the ability to contribute something special to our awesome team.
- Processing and packing orders - each order is packed carefully for shipping or pick-up with emphasis on beautiful presentation, and a handwritten note is included
- Using software to prepare shipping labels and boxes for pickup by our mail carriers
- In-store, over-the-phone, and email customer service – you will be required to develop an in-depth knowledge of all products
- Helping with problem solving related to customer shipment issues, logistics, inventory management
- Product packaging, boxing, applying labels, assembling samples and gift sets, assembling shipping boxes
- Contributing to keeping the team workspace clean and tidy
- Excellent communication skills including a positive approach to all team members (virtual and in person), strong writing skills with correct spelling and grammar, and a friendly tone in emails you send to customers on behalf of our team or other customer interactions
- Technical proficiency with Mac computers and web-based software - we will train you on the systems you'll need, but you must be computer-savvy
- Outstanding attention to detail and good organization skills so that orders are correctly packed for shipping or pick-up
- An ability to learn on the fly as we continue to improve our systems and adopt new ways of doing things, self-starter, passion for improving processes and being not only a thinker but someone who can get things done
- Strong observation skills, ability to exercise foresight and judgment in decision-making
Note regarding physical demands:
To perform the essential functions of this job successfully, team members are regularly required to stand, reach, handle small objects, sit, walk, kneel, or crouch. Team members must be able to stand, bend, and reach for up to ten hours on some days. Employees regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, sometimes lift and/or move 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more weight with another team member. Safety masks must be worn during any activities that generate dust or fumes and ventilation must be on. Employees are required to follow safety measures while performing daily work and learn new safety procedures as our equipment and work space evolve. All Osmia employees are currently wearing masks when working in shared spaces as recommended by the local health department.
One last note: Our workplace must be free of all synthetic fragrances, from laundry detergent to perfume to hair care, as well as any tobacco smoke residue.
Hours are 40 hours a week plus some occasional overtime in this position. Benefits after a three-month onboarding period include a 75% contribution to monthly premiums for health insurance, annual wellness stipend, and paid time off.
We are a small company, but we work hard and we love what we do. Come join our team, grow our business with us, and make the world a healthier, better smelling place in the meantime!
If you're interested, please submit a resume AND a cover letter telling us why you're interested in the job and how you would contribute to our team, and the role healthy living plays in your life. We only review applications with cover letters. We won’t be able to respond to all applications individually, but we will contact you for an interview if your submission seems like a good fit.
Job Location: Carbondale, CO 81623
Job Type: Full-time, in-house. Local applicants only. This is not a remote work opportunity.
Pay: Dependent on experience
Required language: English required, Spanish a bonus
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, attn: Mary
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law. Osmia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.