PACKAGING TEAM LEAD
Osmia is a growing natural skin care company. We are proud to produce top quality, beautiful products with extraordinary, consciously-sourced ingredients that really work. We are passionate about wellness and about building a strong team in our hometown of Carbondale, Colorado.
We are looking for a Packaging Team Lead to master the details surrounding product packaging at Osmia. This person will serve as an important link between our Production Team and the order fulfillment process executed by our Customer Service Team. As a Packaging Team Member, this person will be excited to learn about the purpose of each product and develop a passion around how packaging each product optimally contributes to every customer’s experience with our brand. We need someone dependable, efficient, detail-oriented and neat, with a strong work ethic, an eye for quality, and perhaps a sense of artistry. As a Lead, this person will contribute to packaging workflow planning and prioritize packaging needs in coordination with the Production Team and the Customer Service Team. They will guide other colleagues in completing packaging projects and maintain updated virtual records in our inventory system to reflect the status of all packaging work. They will help take responsibility for management and maintenance of tools, equipment, and facility space dedicated to packaging work.
- Learning, following, and eventually collaborating with teammates to improve our standard processes for different packaging activities, including batching, labeling, wrapping, and/or boxing soap and skincare finished goods (full size, trial size, & free sample size)
- Confirming materials and information readiness for the next day’s projects and providing clear, organized instructions for colleagues
- Leading inventory counts for products and packaging, managing inventory for packaging physically (organizing and clearly identifying) and virtually (reflecting accurate information in our inventory database), collaborating with our Inventory Manager to initiate reorders, collaborating with our Brand Team and Inventory Manager to receive packaging materials and execute quality control checks
- Mastering stock locations, transporting products between locations, and executing product transfers virtually
- Assisting with sale preparation as needed, including assembling gift boxes, various product sets, and shipping boxes
- Performing math calculations for inventory counts, batch date confirmations, and throughout the day as needed to support standard work, and potentially contribute to forecasting
- Assisting other departments as needed in relation to special projects for marketing, wholesale, facilities improvements, special events, etc.
- Helping train colleagues on packaging and assembly standards and materials organization, potentially onboarding short-term employees to assist with special projects
- Implementing safety measures and communicating any problems with the team in a positive manner, contributing good ideas to make our workplace and systems even better
- Communicating with the team using Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs and Sheets, and mastering our software system for inventory management
- Cleaning and sterilizing work areas and supporting our special safe work practices during the COVID-19 community health emergency
- Positive, clear communicator with professional writing and speaking skills
- Ability to focus and complete goals for the day
- Experience managing inventory systems or similar software
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to understand how adjacent parts of our business relate
- Legible handwriting, strong organizational skills, good spatial awareness
- Outstanding math skills for work planning and materials management
- Strong technology skills, including ability to learn new software and equipment
- Positive attitude with an intention to contribute to the business and support the team
- Comfort with physical aspects of the job - packaging work can be physically challenging
- Familiarity with product packaging is a plus
- Spanish-speaking ability is a plus
Note regarding physical demands:
To perform the essential functions of this job successfully, team members are regularly required to stand, reach, handle small objects, sit, walk, kneel, or crouch. Team members must be able to stand, bend, and reach for up to ten hours on some days. Employees regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, sometimes lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more weight with another team member. Safety masks must be worn during any activities that generate dust or fumes and ventilation must be on. Ear protection may be worn during loud activities. Employees are required to follow safety measures while performing daily work and learn new safety procedures as our equipment and work space evolve. All Osmia employees are currently wearing masks when working in shared spaces as recommended by the local health department.
One last note: Our workplace must be free of all synthetic fragrances, from laundry detergent to perfume to hair care, as well as any tobacco smoke residue.
Full-time hours are 40 hours a week plus some occasional overtime in this position. Benefits after a three-month onboarding period include a 75% contribution to monthly premiums for health insurance, annual wellness stipend, and paid time off plus over ten company holidays annually.
We are a small company, but we work hard and we love what we do. Come join our team, grow our business with us, and make the world a healthier, better smelling place in the meantime!
If you're interested, please submit a resume AND a cover letter telling us why you're interested in the job and how you would contribute to our team, and the role healthy living plays in your life. We only review applications with cover letters. We won’t be able to respond to all applications individually, but we will contact you for an interview if your submission seems like a good fit.
Job Location: Carbondale, CO 81623
Job Type: Full-time, in-house. Local applicants only. This is not a remote work opportunity.
Pay: $20-$24/hr, depending on experience
Required language: English
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law. Osmia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.