Osmia’s mission is making natural skincare effective and enjoyable. In support of this mission, our Project Manager will:
- Apply project management skills to lead product innovation and renovation projects from initial stage through final implementation stage. Through development of detailed project plans, monitoring progress, and regular communication with stakeholders, this Project Manager will help us bring ideas to life.
- Coordinate and lead project teams to reach defined goals, ensuring the resources invested deliver results within agreed-upon timeframes. By understanding and communicating the big picture and the impact of each project on Osmia’s business and team members, incorporating relevant data and financial analysis, this role fosters education and meaningful participation in projects by team members.
- Collaborating with leadership to determine the scope and business case for multiple product development projects (innovation or renovation) working with internal and external partners, and leading the communication of project objectives, scope and key success criteria.
- Contributing to defining the project team, working cross-functionally with managers and team members to identify and secure resources and escalate resource constraints, and providing support to the project team to remove roadblocks or offer information where possible.
- Developing and maintaining timelines, engaging members of internal and external project teams to provide deliverables as needed to achieve project goals. Facilitating a stage-gate process with check-ins at key decision and approval points with stakeholders, escalating critical issues to key stakeholders.
- Providing transparent communication of project status to project team members, leaders and other key stakeholders. Identifying change requests, evaluating their impact, obtaining approval/rejection from key stakeholders, communicating and documenting changes.
- Coordinating and facilitating project meetings including kick-off meetings, check-in meetings, risk assessments, post launch reviews and additional meetings or workshops as required. Partnering with functional owners to integrate initiatives into business processes when relevant. Leading the project team to identify and share lessons learned and recommendations for future improvement.
- Contributing to building a project portfolio management system, ensuring timely and accurate entry and maintenance of project data, and delivering process design/improvements for the overall project management suite of tools/processes.
- Minimum 2-3 years Project Management experience, including experience interfacing with technical experts and correctly digesting critical details relevant to previously foreign subject matter
- Experience working with project management tools and software and ability to adopt and socialize new technologies
- Ability to organize and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously, strong time management skills, ability to pivot between high-level and detail-level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to reinforce the brand through polite, intelligent, grammatically-correct, responsive written and verbal dialogue
- Comfortable in a fast-growing business environment that includes complexity and ambiguity, be hands-on when needed, can adapt quickly and learn new things
- Passion for organizing information and building scalable systems
- Strong team player orientation and willingness to support team members as needed
- Ability to focus and manage project teams through effective facilitation skills, collaborates and influences people at all levels in the organization through strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to move fast when it counts, decide which issues need to be prioritized on any given day, and display passion for doing your part to drive the business forward
- Experience researching business questions, analyzing and presenting quantitative and qualitative data
- Interested in developing leadership skills, including ability to manage conflict and drive resolution, support teams through change, and ability to respectfully challenge the status quo
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree from a top educational institution in a related field
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is a plus
- CPG experience is a plus
- Command of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, and Google suite of applications, is critical
Note regarding physical demands:
To perform the essential functions of this job successfully, employees are regularly required to stand, reach, handle small objects, sit, walk, kneel, or crouch. Employees may lift and/or move up to 20 pounds in the regular course of business, and may occasionally lift and/or move more weight with another team member. Employees in this position must be able to complete computer work for extended periods of time, which may require sitting or standing for extended periods, focusing on a screen, and controlling a mouse or using a trackpad. Safety masks must be worn during any activities that generate dust or fumes and ventilation must be on. Ear protection may be worn during loud activities. Employees are required to follow safety measures while performing daily work and learn new safety procedures as our equipment and work space evolve. All unvaccinated Osmia employees are currently wearing masks when working in shared spaces as recommended by public health guidelines, and there may be future periods when all employees are required to wear masks to maintain team safety. Our workplace must be free of synthetic fragrances, from laundry detergent to perfume to hair care, as well as any tobacco smoke residue.
Full-time hours are 40 hours a week plus some occasional overtime in this position. Benefits currently include a 75% or higher contribution to monthly premiums for health insurance, annual wellness stipend, and paid time off that scales with years of service plus over ten company holidays annually in addition to a paid year-end break.
We are a small company, but we work hard and we love what we do. Come join our team, grow our business with us, and make the world a healthier, better smelling place in the meantime!
If you're interested, please submit a resume AND a cover letter telling us why you're interested in the job and how you would contribute to our team. We only review applications with cover letters. We won’t be able to respond to all applications individually, but we will contact you for an interview if your submission seems like a good fit.
Job Location: Carbondale, CO 81623
Job Type: Full-time, in-house. This is not a remote work opportunity, though occasional work-from-home days are available.
Pay: Dependent on experience, generally starting at $55,000-$70,000 annual salary + benefits and bonus opportunity
Required language: English required, Spanish a bonus
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, attention Mary/Sarah
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law. Osmia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.